3. It is hot hot hot

 Worms -> osthofen -> alsheim -> guntersblum

30/07/26

27km 38°c, gusty afternoon, evening showers

Truths that are universally known:

- building you go specifically to see will have scaffolding on them

- cemeteries are a great place to take a break and fill your water

- you can't plan for the weather 

- picnic shelters are rarely on maps

- Onigiri makes for a good lunch no matter where in the world you are

Dom St. Peter - worms

Dom St. Peter - worms

Schloss Herrnsheim - worms

My lack of German strikes again (I had to reroute around this train crossing as I didn't know how to ask for it to be opened 😅

Selfie time

Gedenkstätte KZ Osthofen - NS-Dokumentationszentrum Rheinland-Pfalz (one of the first concentration camps, housed mostly political opponents of the nazi party)

Suprise picnic shelter, a welcome break from the sun

Follow the Nordic ski route I said, it'll be flat I said, it'll be fun I said

I thought Nordic skiing was on flat ground...

The vineyards of alsheim

The top (thankfully)

Kirchenruine Maria Magdalena und Jakobus - Hangen-Wahlheim

Sticky hands and sour lollies



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Flights and first revolutions

8. Train time